Check out the Radio Disney Music Awards
If you were thinking that there just aren’t enough award shows, take heart. The Radio Disney Music Awards are coming in May. They’ll be held at the Nokia Theater, located in the middle of the center of the universe, Los Angeles. These award shows don’t rely on a group of faceless unseen judges. Instead, they are voted for by the only people who should really matter to an entertainer-their fans. Luckily, VIP Concierge has VIP seats in rows 1 though 20 in the floor/orchestra section of the Nokia.
In addition to passing out trophies, Radio Disney is trotting out some of the most popular singers and songwriters to entertain the fans between the award presentations. This year’s crop of performers include favorites Selena Gomez, Cher Lloyd, Bridgit Mendler, Cody Simpson, Austin Mahone and Coco Jones. It’s likely others will join in the fun too, such as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Taylor Swift and maybe even One Direction.
This year’s roster of award nominees hasn’t been announced yet, but it will include many of the usual suspects, as well as a few new voices. Last year’s winners included these fan faves.
- One Direction took the Best Music Group award.
- The Biggest Viral Artist of the year was Austin Mahone.
- Taylor Swift added to her collection of awards with the Song Of The Year, “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
- Justin Bieber’s fans kept Beliebing by awarding him the Best Male Artist prize.
- Selena Gomez, to nobody’s surprise, gathered the Best Female Artist award.
- The Best Crush Song was Olivia Holt’s “Had Me @ Hello.”
- “Ready Or Not” by Bridgit Mendler received Best Acoustic Performance honors.
- Coco Jones took the Funniest Celebrity Take for “Sandwich Rap.”
- The fans chose “Heard It On The Radio” by Ross Lynch as the Best Music Video.
- Best Music Group winners One Direction was also recognized for having the Fiercest Fans.
If you don’t feel like hanging around your living room watching the show on the boob tube, pick up a fistful of VIP tickets, and take your posse to see the Radio Disney Music Awards live and in person.
Do something different this year. Get your booty down to the Nokia Theater for the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards. You’ll have more fun than a flea at dog show.